If it’s autumn, it’s time for a furnace tune-up. Equipment manufacturers and government organizations in Brunswick, Georgia, recommend annual heating maintenance to help your furnace run safely and efficiently.
Why Heating Maintenance Is so Important
Today’s furnaces use modern advances to maximize the energy efficiency of age-old heating technology. Some high-performance systems are 98 percent efficient, but they only perform that well when they’re properly maintained. If you use a furnace to heat your home, fall HVAC maintenance is particularly important. Here are a few reasons why:
- Safety is the number one reason why annual maintenance is required. Incomplete fuel combustion clogs burners and releases deadly carbon monoxide.
- Experts say that maintenance can prevent half of all service calls. Tune-ups give us a chance to catch problems when they are easier to correct and before they interrupt your life.
- Fall HVAC maintenance prevents gradual decreases in efficiency. Energy costs are high enough. There’s no need to pay even more to heat your home.
- The average furnace has an expected lifespan of 15 to 20 years. However, systems can last substantially longer when preventive maintenance is performed regularly.
What’s Included in Seasonal Furnace Tune-Ups?
At The A/C Guys, we check each part of your furnace from the gas valves to the exhaust vent. We perform the following tasks during a typical furnace tune-up:
- Replace the fuel filter
- Monitor the gas pressure
- Inspect the air inlet and chimney
- Check the gas valves and safety controls
- Adjust the burner for optimal efficiency
- Service the air-handling components
- Tighten the electrical connections
- Check the heat exchanger
- Lubricate moving parts
- Test the thermostat
Early fall is the perfect time to schedule heating maintenance. While you’re at it, take a moment to replace your HVAC air filter and to test your carbon monoxide detector.
If you’re ready to book a convenient furnace tune-up, get in touch with The A/C Guys by calling 912-268-1514 or 912-662-5514. You can learn more about our preventive maintenance plans on our website.